BIL 2010 Starts tomorrow, Friday Feb 12th in Long Beach. I'd go if I wasn't on vacation in Hawai'i. Props to Tilly for telling me about this conference at last month's Mindshare la, I hope you're going and taking notes.
BIL 2010 is happening right now in Long Beach, CA. View the livestream or the BIL2010 website.
BIL is an ad-hoc conference for people changing the world in big ways. It's a place for passionate people to come together to energize, brainstorm, and take action. We invite you to bring your world into ours.
- John Smart -- Evo Devo Universe
- Understanding the universe in an evolutionary and developmental way
- Kiem Tjong -- Democratizing the University Innovation Process
- Why is it so difficult to commercialize university technologies, and how can we better harvest the work of our brightest minds.
- Cameron Sinclair -- Open Source Architecture: From TED Prize to reality
- Open Architecture Network, winner of the TED Prize and the world’s first open source site for architectural solutions to humanitarian crises.
- Brad Templeton -- The Evils of Cloud Computing
- There is a darkness to this cloud computing movement: we are giving other companies all our personal data to store and handle.
- David Hale -- Pillbox – Identify Unknown Drugs
- This tool allows users to visually search for and identify unknown pills using appearance information and high resolution images.
- Alexandros Pagidas -- University of the Future
- Current education does not create free, creative and wise individuals, but workers for the requirements of the market. Most universities give you an education that will supply you with a career – not a good life.
- Jayson Elliot -- Rethinking the Modern GUI
- Why are we stuck with the same user interface computers had 30 years ago? Jayson explores the future of the Graphical User Interface.
- John Schloendorn -- A Garage-Level Biomedical Research Effort is Taking on Death
- Using out-of-the-box thinking and a shoestring budget to attempt to cure human aging.
- Chia Hwu -- Communities in Healthcare
- Healthcare is about people. How can communities be used to improve it?
- Deep Learning for Artificial Intelligence
- How do we build natural intelligence into machines?