You know what else I love? Dist::Zilla! Thanks Ricardo! Here are the complete steps to release a new version and push it to CPAN after merging in the pull request:
git pull && dzil release
Steps accomplished by
- generate new version number
- podweaver magic to generate structured POD
- boilerplate: create LICENSE, MANIFEST, META.json, META.yml, Makefile, etc.
- create tar file of distribution
- extract tar file and run all tests
- verify no dirty files in git
- update Changes file to include the new version number.
- git commit Changes file
- upload tar file to cpan
- git tag with version number
- git push to origin