Update: Buy through This Link and the referral money will go to the Enlightened Perl Organisation.
I'm looking forward to going to my local bookstore and flipping through it. It looks pretty good from the Table of Contents. The authors are Kieren Diment and Matt Trout. I've heard of Trout and the good work he does over at Shadowcat. I hope it's awesome so I can buy a copy.
I definitely feel like I've blundered through Authentication and Authorization before with a variety of frameworks, that's the sort of think where I want to plug in an obvious system for Authentication, and then build appropriate Authorization rules without shooting myself in the foot. Let's hope this can help walk me through that part.
Page 28 in chapter 2 starts a section on "Object Oriented programming with Moose," so that sounds pretty cool.
Table of Contents
- Introducing the Catalyst Web Application Framework
- Catalyst Setup and Background Knowledge
- Your First Catalyst Application
- Extending LolCatalyst-lite
- Database Models
- The Catalyst Dispatcher
- Authentication and Authorization
- Interacting with Web Services in your Applications
- Extending Catalyst
- Catalyst Cookbook
- The Reaction Component UI Framework
- Compiling your own Perl
- Making your own CPAN Mirror with CPAN::Mini or minicpan.sh